Outdoor Movies, The Lyric
We've opened a bike-in outdoor screen on our big back lawn we’re calling “The Great Outdoors." Rules & regulations can be found at the bottom of this page! Movies start about a half-hour after the advertised showtime.
Rules and things to know:
General Things to Know:
• Movies start right around dusk.
• We’ll be playing both current in-release films as well as classic titles and events.
• Ticket prices vary depending on the screening or event.
• For most screenings, we’ll have a mobile bar and concessions stand set up outside for your convenience.
• If inclement weather is in the forecast, we might cancel a screening the morning or early afternoon of, otherwise, the show goes on rain or shine.
• No refunds. An exception would be if you purchased advanced tickets to a show that was canceled.
• Only cards (including Lyric gift cards!) are accepted at the mobile bar. If you need to pay in cash, you can inside.
• Bringing your garbage to the designated trash cans is always appreciated!
• Keep both your ticket and your wristband you get upon entry as they may be checked.
• If we catch you sneaking in, we reserve the right to kick you out or charge you double to stay.
• Our parking lot fills up quick. You can park at Jax or Ken's Muffler OR on Hickory Street. Or ride your bike!
Things You Should Bring:
• FM Radio
• We’re using FM radios to get the sound to your ears. You should bring one along with you or you can rent one from our limited supply.
• Radios are $4 to rent for the night. We'll take an ID as collateral. The cost for a lost or damaged radio is $25.
• A place to sit
• A nice, big beach blanket would probably be the best, or you can just chill on the lawn.
• Chairs from the patio need to stay on the patio.
• Weather appropriate clothing/accessories
• If it’s snowing out, you should probably bundle up!
• If it’s the middle of summer, don’t forget the bug spray!
• Your government issued ID… if you plan on imbibing.
• Lots of friends!
• We want to be able to pack the lawn and make it a party!
Things that aren’t allowed:
• Sorry! We even double-checked with the health department and it’s against health code to have animals on our lawn or patio. The lone exception is service animals.
• Outside food and drinks
• If found, these items will be confiscated and probably devoured by our staff. It’s safe to say you won’t get them back.
• We offer a wide array of things to sip and munch on at The Lyric. We know you can find something you’ll like here!
• Bringing alcohol beyond the rope boundaries of the lawn.
• Smoking or Vaping
• We’ve got a smoking area out front by College Ave where you can take a smoke break if needed.
• Glass on the lawn
• We’ll be slinging canned beers and wines so you can take those on the lawn with you.
• Listening to other radio stations or playing music on the lawn.
• We’ll be pumping in tunes before the movie starts, so don’t you worry about it!
• Hanky-Panky above a PG Rating