Outdoor Movies, The Lyric
We've opened a bike-in outdoor screen on our big back lawn we’re calling “The Great Outdoors”. Check out the movies and showtimes and rules and regulations below! Movies start about a half hour after the advertised showtime.
Monty Python's Life of Brian
April 18 | 7:45pm | $7
Returning to cinemas for it’s 40th Anniversary, in glorious standard definition and mono-sound, Monty Python delivers a scathing, anarchic satire of both religion and Hollywood's depiction of all things biblical with their 1979 feature film Life of Brian.
Bohemian Rhapsody - Sing Along!
April 19 | 7:45pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Bohemian Rhapsody Sing Along is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
April 20 | 7:45pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
With a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.
April 23 | 7:45pm | $5
Horror movies are just better when you watch them outside on a big screen!
A family's serene beach vacation turns to chaos when their doppelgängers appear and begin to terrorize them.
April 25 | 7:45pm | $9.50 GA, $7.50 Students & Seniors
As much as we love our art house films, sometimes you just can't beat a big blockbuster as a way to get your inner fanboy or fangirl going. We're excited to be screening one of the biggest cinematic events of all time, Avengers: Endgame, at The Lyric!
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
April 26 | 7:45pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored worlds, including a strange galaxy where everything is a musical. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.
Howler Film Festival
April 27 | 8:00pm | FREE! (Tickets available one week before event)
Come join RamPage in celebrating recreation in the outdoors for the first annual Howler Film Festival!
The Matrix - 20th Anniversary
May 3 | 8:00pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
The Matrix turns twenty! Come celebrate with us!
A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
May 4 | 8:00pm | $7
We're really excited for TOLKIEN, the new biopic about J.R.R. Tolkien that opens at The Lyric May 10th, so we're playing the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy - the extended editions - on our outdoor screen! It's just $15 for a ticket to all three screenings!
Assisted by a Fellowship of heroes, Frodo Baggins plunges into a perilous trek to take the mystical One Ring to Mount Doom so that it and its magical powers can be destroyed and never possessed by evil Lord Sauron.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
May 11 | 8:00pm | $7
Frodo and Samwise press on toward Mordor. Gollum insists on being the guide. Can anyone so corrupted by the ring be trusted? Can Frodo, increasingly under the sway of the ring, even trust himself? Meanwhile, Aragorn, drawing closer to his kingly destiny, rallies forces of good for the battles that must come. Director Peter Jackson delivers an amazing second movie that won 2 Academy Awards (R)* and earned 6 total nominations including Best Picture. The journey continues. So do the astonishing spectacle and splendor.
Mamma Mia! on Mother's Day!
May 12 | 8:00pm | $7
Join us this Mother's Day for a movie pretty much every mom loves, Mamma Mia! We'll be playing it on our outdoor screen and will be handing out the lyrics for the songs so you can sing along with the actions in the film. However, we can't legally call this a sing-along since that isn't available for licensing, so don't call it that!
Blade Runner - The Final Cut
May 17 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
A blade runner must pursue and terminate four replicants who stole a ship in space, and have returned to Earth to find their creator.
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
May 18 | 8:00pm | $7
The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.
Alien - 40th Anniversary
May 24 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
After a space merchant vessel perceives an unknown transmission as a distress call, its landing on the source moon finds one of the crew attacked by a mysterious life-form, and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.
May 31 | 8:15pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Ellen Ripley is rescued by a deep salvage team after being hypersleep for 57 years. The moon that the Nostromo visited has been colonized, but contact is lost. This time, colonial marines have impressive firepower, but will that be enough?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sing & Quote-Along!
June 1 | 8:30pm | $7
Do you know every line from The Holy Grail from watching the VHS tape over and over again in your parent's basement in high school? PROVE IT! We're hosting a Sing and Quote Along version of the movie.
EVERY Harry Potter Movie!
Wednesdays at 8:30pm starting June 5th | $7 each or $40 for the Potter Pass!
Wizards and Muggles rejoice! Join The Lyric every Wednesday in June and July for all eight Harry Potter films on our outdoor screen! All screenings start at 8:30pm with the film beginning about a half hour later, and tickets are just $7! Want to come to ALL the films? You can buy Potter Pass to get a ticket to each showing for just $40! Don't forget to bring a blanket and your FM radio since these screenings are all on our back lawn!
June 7 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.
June 8 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
It's hard to beat Jurassic Park on the big screen, and we're playing it on the biggest one we've got; outside on our back lawn!
July 4 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
There is no better way to celebrate America's independence than by watching Will Smith kick some alien ass.
July 5 & 6 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
The movie that epitomizes Fourth of July weekend is screening on our outdoor screen this Fourth of July weekend!
July 13 | 8:30pm | $10 GA, $8 Students & Seniors
Join The Lyric for a special OUTDOOR screening of BITE ME, a fictional movie about people in a real-life vampire subculture! The screening is part of a nation-wide screening tour that we've been promised will involve capes, cocktails, and a Vampire Ball... so come in costume!
July 19 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil's popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.
UHF - 30th Anniversary
July 20 | 8:30pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Come dressed in your best Weird Al costumes!
An unemployed visionary becomes the manager of a local public station. The station becomes a success, with all sorts of hilarious sight gags and wacky humor.
Rules and things to know:
General Things to Know:
• Movies start right around dusk.
• We’ll be playing both current in-release films as well as classic titles and events.
• Ticket prices vary depending on the screening or event.
• For most screenings, we’ll have a mobile bar and concessions stand set up outside for your convenience.
• If inclement weather is in the forecast, we might cancel a screening the morning or early afternoon of, otherwise, the show goes on rain or shine.
• No refunds. An exception would be if you purchased advanced tickets to a show that was canceled.
• Only cards (including Lyric gift cards!) are accepted at the mobile bar. If you need to pay in cash, you can inside.
• Bringing your garbage to the designated trash cans is always appreciated!
• Keep both your ticket and your wristband you get upon entry as they may be checked.
• If we catch you sneaking in, we reserve the right to kick you out or charge you double to stay.
• Our parking lot fills up quick. You can park at Jax or Ken's Muffler OR on Hickory Street. Or ride your bike!
• FM Radio
• We’re using FM radios to get the sound to your ears. You should bring one along with you or you can rent one from our limited supply.
• Radios are $4 to rent for the night. We'll take an ID as collateral. The cost for a lost or damaged radio is $25.
• A place to sit
• A nice, big beach blanket would probably be the best, or you can just chill on the lawn.
• For the time being we’re allowing low-rise lawn chairs as well, but may have to revise that rule at a later date.
• Chairs from the patio need to stay on the patio.
• Weather appropriate clothing/accessories
• If it’s snowing out, you should probably bundle up!
• If it’s the middle of summer, don’t forget the bug spray!
• Your government issued ID… if you plan on imbibing.
• Lots of friends!
• We want to be able to pack the lawn and make it a party!
Things that aren’t allowed:
• Sorry! We even double-checked with the health department and it’s against health code to have animals on our lawn or patio. The lone exception is service animals.
• Outside food and drinks
• If found, these items will be confiscated and probably devoured by our staff. It’s safe to say you won’t get them back.
• We offer a wide array of things to sip and munch on at The Lyric. We know you can find something you’ll like here!
• Bringing alcohol beyond the rope boundaries of the lawn.
• Smoking or Vaping
• We’ve got a smoking area out front by College Ave where you can take a smoke break if needed.
• Glass on the lawn
• We’ll be slinging canned beers and wines so you can take those on the lawn with you.
• Listening to other radio stations or playing music on the lawn.
• We’ll be pumping in tunes before the movie starts, so don’t you worry about it!
• Hanky-Panky above a PG Rating