Outdoor Movies, The Lyric
We've opened a bike-in outdoor screen on our big back lawn we’re calling “The Great Outdoors”. Check out the movies and showtimes and rules and regulations below! Movies start about a half hour after the advertised showtime.
Whensday - 6th Anniversary Screening!
August 16th | 8pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Join The Lyric and NoCoast Artists as we host an outdoor anniversary screening of the very movie we made six years ago: Whensday!
Documentarian Abe Benjamin stumbles across an old cassette tape in a thrift store that leads him to investigate the mysterious origin of a bamboo bike and the odd little girl who accompanies it on its journey through time. Unbeknownst to Abe, the Braughman Brothers Security Team are on the hunt for the same bike at the request of their billionaire boss and best friend Joe Panda. Chaos ensues.
August 17th | 8pm | $7 GA, $5 Students & Seniors
Since we're screening Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, we're screening one of our other favorite Quentin Tarantino titles, Pulp Fiction.
The lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster & his wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
Ready or Not
August 21st | 7:45pm | $9.50 GA, $7.50 Student/Senior
READY OR NOT follows a young bride (Samara Weaving) as she joins her new husband’s (Mark O’Brien) rich, eccentric family (Adam Brody, Henry Czerny, Andie MacDowell) in a time-honored tradition that turns into a lethal game with everyone fighting for their survival.
The Human Element
August 22nd | 8:00pm | Free
Join the Sustainable Living Association for a community screening of The Human Element!
With rare compassion and heart, THE HUMAN ELEMENT follows environmental photographer James Balog on his quest to highlight Americans on the front lines of climate change, inspiring us to re-evaluate our relationship with the natural world.
The Dark Crystal
August 23rd | 7:45pm | $7
Jen (Stephen Garlick), raised by the noble race called the Mystics, has been told that he is the last survivor of his own race, the Gelflings. He sets out to try to find a shard of the dark crystal, a powerful gem that once provided balance to the universe. After the crystal was broken, the evil Skeksis used sinister means to gain control. Jen believes that he can repair the dark crystal and bring peace back to the world, if he can only find the remaining shard.
August 24th | 7:45pm | $7
A 16-year-old girl is given 13 hours to solve a labyrinth and rescue her baby brother when her wish for him to be taken away is granted by the Goblin King.
August 31st | 7:30pm | $7
Yes! We're playing the sing-a-long version of Grease on our outdoor screen! We know you already know all the words, but they'll be up on the screen anyways.
IRIS: A Space Opera
September 10th | 7:15pm | $12
A 60 minute film of Justice's 2017-2018 live show, recorded in an empty and invisible space without an audience, focusing exclusively on the impressive production and music. The show has been seen by millions of people around the world. It revolves around a floating structure comprised of 13 independent moving frames, each one featuring 4 rotating panels of LEDs, mirrors and traditional warm lights which offer infinite combinations. The structure is in constant evolution over the duration of the show and proposes several new visual landscapes on every track performed. The footage is captured with the precision and patience of a rigorous documentary about the cosmos.
The Backyard Boogie
September 14th | 8pm | $10
Join DJs Jimeni & Twoscoops for an end of the summer, full moon dance party on our back lawn! It wouldn't be complete without a VJ putting cool visuals on the outdoor screen too!
2019 Mountainfilm on Tour
September 18th | 7pm | $15
Presented by CSU. Mountainfilm on Tour will feature a collection of culturally rich, adventure-packed, and enlightening documentary short films in pursuit of Mountainfilm’s mission to use the power of film, art, and ideas to inspire audiences to create a better world. A Mountainfilm presenter will guide the audience through the program providing insight on the films, filmmakers and subjects.
Rules and things to know:
General Things to Know:
• Movies start right around dusk.
• We’ll be playing both current in-release films as well as classic titles and events.
• Ticket prices vary depending on the screening or event.
• For most screenings, we’ll have a mobile bar and concessions stand set up outside for your convenience.
• If inclement weather is in the forecast, we might cancel a screening the morning or early afternoon of, otherwise, the show goes on rain or shine.
• No refunds. An exception would be if you purchased advanced tickets to a show that was canceled.
• Only cards (including Lyric gift cards!) are accepted at the mobile bar. If you need to pay in cash, you can inside.
• Bringing your garbage to the designated trash cans is always appreciated!
• Keep both your ticket and your wristband you get upon entry as they may be checked.
• If we catch you sneaking in, we reserve the right to kick you out or charge you double to stay.
• Our parking lot fills up quick. You can park at Jax or Ken's Muffler OR on Hickory Street. Or ride your bike!
• FM Radio
• We’re using FM radios to get the sound to your ears. You should bring one along with you or you can rent one from our limited supply.
• Radios are $4 to rent for the night. We'll take an ID as collateral. The cost for a lost or damaged radio is $25.
• A place to sit
• A nice, big beach blanket would probably be the best, or you can just chill on the lawn.
• For the time being we’re allowing low-rise lawn chairs as well, but may have to revise that rule at a later date.
• Chairs from the patio need to stay on the patio.
• Weather appropriate clothing/accessories
• If it’s snowing out, you should probably bundle up!
• If it’s the middle of summer, don’t forget the bug spray!
• Your government issued ID… if you plan on imbibing.
• Lots of friends!
• We want to be able to pack the lawn and make it a party!
Things that aren’t allowed:
• Sorry! We even double-checked with the health department and it’s against health code to have animals on our lawn or patio. The lone exception is service animals.
• Outside food and drinks
• If found, these items will be confiscated and probably devoured by our staff. It’s safe to say you won’t get them back.
• We offer a wide array of things to sip and munch on at The Lyric. We know you can find something you’ll like here!
• Bringing alcohol beyond the rope boundaries of the lawn.
• Smoking or Vaping
• We’ve got a smoking area out front by College Ave where you can take a smoke break if needed.
• Glass on the lawn
• We’ll be slinging canned beers and wines so you can take those on the lawn with you.
• Listening to other radio stations or playing music on the lawn.
• We’ll be pumping in tunes before the movie starts, so don’t you worry about it!
• Hanky-Panky above a PG Rating